Events coming up in the next month or two:
- Educating the Gifted Child seminar, Feb. 22, given by Northwestern's Center for Talent Development (CTD)
- Also via CTD, the next NUMATS testing deadline is March 4. Many CANDO parents have found NUMATS testing to be a very valuable tool in understanding their children's educational needs.
- There is a Summer Resource Fair sponsored by STAGE, our Naperville Dist 203 equivalent organization, on March 4.
- Coming up on March 24 is CANDO's seminar for any parents and educators interested in gifted education, "How Well Do You Know Your Gifted Child?" presented by Elizabeth Selander Hutchins, 7-8:30 p.m. at Rotolo Middle School. Spread the word!
Have you seen ... ?
- Newsweek published an interesting opinion piece on gifted education entitled "America Hates Its Gifted Kids." Find the article here.
- If you have daughters, this UK Blog post about gifted girls may be of particular interest: "Gifted or Pretty: What Do Parents Want?"
- Handouts from a number of presentations at the annual IAGC conference are available here.
- The blog for Northwestern's Center for Talent Development can be a good source for information about gifted education and evaluation as well as a place to find discussion of related issues.