- The schedule is out for Northern Illinois University's STEM weekend events for kids, recommended for 4th grade and up. Events take place on Saturdays in DeKalb and Naperville through December. Click here for more information.
- IAGC's Parent Academy offers an afternoon of talks and round table discussions entitled "Throw Your Arms Around Gifted Children," covering a range of issues for parents of gifted children, on November 16 from 12-4:30. The location is close by, at the Da Vinci Academy in Elgin. Click here for the details and registration information.
Have you seen … ?
• A recent article discusses the relationship of gifted education and implementation of the common core.
• The new newsletter from NUMATS is available. The link is at this website on the left menu under "announcements." This fall's newsletter features an article entitled "Problem-Based Learning 101."
• In a recent podcast on Spotlite Radio, Susan Winebrenner, author of Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom and The Cluster Grouping Handbook, talks about the challenges facing gifted education and some solutions to those issues.
• The Brilliant Blog by writer Annie Murphy Paul discusses articles and current research on intelligence and learning.