- Illinois Association for Gifted Children (IAGC) and National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) call to action: Consider advocating for the federal TALENT act.
- Weekend enrichment is available in Elgin, Naperville, and at other sites via The Center for Gifted fall weekend workshops.
- IAGC's Carol Morreale Scholarship provides an award of $1000 to a bright student in need. Application deadline is September 1.
- Northwestern University's Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS) has a September 1 deadline for some of the courses available as Gifted Learning Links (GLL), online classes for students in grades K-12.
- The NAGC conference will take place in Indianapolis, November 7-10, 2013, with a parents' day in addition to events for educators and professionals.
Have you seen … ?
- Ian Byrd's blog post, "Three Ways Teachers Battle Students' Giftedness," cites research to support appropriate classroom practices for teaching gifted learners. How do our children learn best?
- A podcast series from Prufrock Press is devoted to issues of gifted and talented education.
- Tamara Fisher's blog Unwrapping the Gifted is a good resource for a teacher's insights into the education and nurturing of gifted students, and for advocacy issues surrounding gifted education.